Tuesday 29 September 2009

Less is more when it comes to gluing



MiniMad loves gluing and sticking, it is one of his favorite craft activities and he would do it all day and every day if given the chance. 

My one tip for this is to have everything accessible and easily seen, so that children can do all of this themselves.

In my sticking box, as he calls it I have:

Feathers
Pom poms
Foam shapes
Lolly sticks
Glitter
Sequins
Googly eyes
Bits and bobs
Various glues

Having all the various things that he likes to use in one place means that he can get it out of the craft cupboard and it is an easy and mostly mess free activity for any open ended art.

All I need to do, is pop the table cloth on the table and his art smock on him.

So what things do your children like to glue and how do you store them, please let me know.

1 comment:

BadPenny said...

I learned the motto Less is More a few years ago...However...

I used to strip my kids naked for art & craft at home - washed the kidz & not the clothes. This way they could paint & stick themselves happily.

Everything kept under the kitcheen sink literally !!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails