Monday 14 September 2009

We have a date

Well my minimad, my littlest munchkin will be starting preschool next Wednesday afternoon.
He had his home visit this afternoon and kept telling the head of preschool that he was starting tomorrow!!!
I have a few forms to fill in and return and some preparation work to do with him. He has already tried on his uniform, which he calls he work clothes and is definitely ready for a little more interaction and play with more children his age.
He will be doing an hour on the first afternoon and I will remain there, behind the scenes so to speak and then he will go 2 hours per afternoon. He is overjoyed, he was informing his teacher what he will be doing, playing with blocks, cars and making everything colourful. He told them that he will bring his music if theirs is not "suitable for bopping too".
I think they have already gathered that he is as much of a whirlwind as his older brother and just as headstrong. He is going to have the same key worker that MaxiMad had, which I think is great as she had such a raport with him, she also knew which buttons to push and he adored her. It also makes me more secure knowing her too and how much she understands and acknowledges that this is a big step for MiniMad and for me too. I am entrusting him in their care, something which I have not done with him before and as I did with his brother before him.
So here's to the change and all that it will bring. Things are definitely feeling more autumnal here, the weather took a distinct turn yesterday and it is nippy today, cardigan weather.
Anyway we are now off to walk to the school to collect MaxiMad and be regaled about his day. It was wonderful to hear how happy he seems and the fact that he clears his plate each lunchtime. He had lunch today with one of the nursery staff and she was telling me that he had a great big salad and jacket potato and went back for more peppers!!!!

2 comments:

BadPenny said...

Bless him. Mine has had enough after one week back. Daughter loving college !!!! By the way, I love your background colour scheme.

Jen Walshaw said...

I am glad to see that see is loving college, I found it such a culture shock after the ridgitity of school!

The colours were a freeby from this lovley lady - http://www.aquapoppydesigns.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails