Wednesday 23 December 2009

Christmas Cakes are done and dusted

I have made and decorated 4 large Christmas cakes this year with the help of my wonderful family (recipe can be found here)



This one is for my in laws, My Father in law loves fruit cake and prefers square cakes!!

I am a fan of retro and old fashions cake toppers of my youth, so have grabbed them off my Mum and MIL when ever I have had the chance.



This one is for my mum




This one is for my mums best friend, who always treats the boys like her own grandchildren and is a very speical lady.



Finally ours, which has had to have a full re-ice after minimad ate it all!!

I have put it out of reach this time and it will be cut New Years Eve and served with some cheese as is the Yorkshire Way!!

Once you have tasted home made cakes, there is no going back.

So if anyone sees any vintage cake toppers, please let me know, as people tend not to always return them!!




Share/Save/Bookmark

5 comments:

geekymummy said...

Gorgeous! I will be icing mine tomorrow, but I don't have any cake toppers, I can't find such things over here in the US since people don't do "Christmas cake". I love the penguins!

whoatemycrayons said...

Wow, what a cake-fest! Have fun eating all that cake.

Unknown said...

Yummy! Just popped back to wish you a very happy time over christmas and I wish you all the best for the new year too! Thank you so much for your friendship to me on here! suzie. xxx

BadPenny said...

fabulous cakes

I remember our yellow snowballing kids on our cake - mum must still have them .

Have a wonderful Christmas with your lovely family - love Penny xx

Anonymous said...

They look wonderful, well done!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails