Saturday 26 December 2009

A Home Made Christmas




Pennies have been tight this year at TheMadHouse, so we have put our heads together and made as much as we can.



Rice and Lavender hot pad with removable cover

 

Felt pocket tissue cover

 


 

Basic wrapping with brown paper, wool, string and ribbon  - I am of the opinion that good packaging detracts from the homemade feel

 

I tied home made gingham and mother of pearl hearts to the wrapping.



We  had printed postcards of some photo's we had taken over the year at Moo.




I made pouches to hold them





 

I made unique appliqué book bags for my neices.



Filled with home made crayon rolls



Paint brush and water colour rolls




and pen rolls



We included a good pad of artists paper in their bags too.




We made pear butter from gifted pears over the summer



The boys made calenders



We supplemented the gifts with some fantastic charity shop finds (Father Christmas Cushions 50p brand new)





All in all, I am really proud of what we managed to achieve over a short space of time, with little on the resource front.  The thing is that it has all been made with love and the person receving the gifts.


 

Share/Save/Bookmark

13 comments:

Mummy Outnumbered said...

Wow! Absolutely amazing stuff, so creative. I wouldn't even know where to start!

BadPenny said...

I'm staggered at the quantity and the quality of those home made gifts. Well done You !

Scentsy said...

I'm sad I didn't see this before the holidays. What great ideas this would have been.

Ang (A Mum's Survival Guide) said...

Well done that's amazing. I wish I had spent more time doing home made things.

cartside said...

Fabulous ideas and such lovely presents!

Em said...

Oh how lovely,I'd be very happy if I recieved anything like your beautiful gifts.

Anonymous said...

Oh I am too impressed for words! All your creations look absolutely gorgeous and fabulous. You are a genius.

Floss said...

You made lovely things! The photo pouch is such a good idea - we have done photos as presents before and the pouch would really set them off. I bet everything was really well-recieved.

san said...

You're so talented. I wish I was more creative!
Presley made cards this year, but that's all. I love the calendar idea. I think even I could help the boys do that! x

Laura said...

I would have loved any and all of these beautiful gifts, You can see the love in them. Hope you have had a lovely time. Laura x

Beki said...

Your home made Christmas looks wonderful. Sadly I only managed a few home made gifts this year, time just seemed to run away with me and before I knew it, I was rushing around panic buying. Never a good idea as you always end up buying rubbish.
Just wanted to let you know that the tea towels would be no good to use for drying the dishes but i've washed mine and I think should be fine for crafting purposes.
Take care
((hugs))
Beki xxx

Anonymous said...

Wow! You're so creative. I'm never organised enough to make that much stuff, as it would involve getting started well before December. I have a Scrooge-like reflex against any Christmas planning before December. I must try harder next year.

Jen Walshaw said...

Thank you for the lovley comments, I didn't want to post about them all before Christmas incase people saw what they were getting.

Beki - I was after the tea towels for craft!!

Sandy - the calenders are very easy and inexpensive

I only started sewing in July, so if I can do it anyone can!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails