Friday 1 January 2010

Top 5 moments of 2009

Before I start on this I want to say a great big thank you to all the NHS staff out there  and all others working this New Year.  GrannyMad was admitted with low oxygen levels late last night and is being looked after and hopefully will be home tomorrow.  Makes me really thankful for all the wonderful compassionate health care staff that are out there.



The lovely Sandy over at BabyBaby Tagged me on the high 5 Meme, so I have to name my top 5 moments of 2009.



Baking cakes with MaxiMad on his 4th Birthday on the day I was initially released from hospital.  It was bliss my favorite things all rolled into one.  Baking and family.  My friends had brought rounds food and cakes and my inlaws have sorted out the birthday cake, so I had so much fun watching the little ones ice the cakes.





Camping in our tent in Henley on Thames, we so enjoyed the holiday, a week together in the fantastic weather.  I so loved blowing out mini's candles on his smartie cake and meeting friends we left down south.




The Wiggles - yep in the flesh.  We took the mini's as a present for MiniMad's 3rd Birthday.  It was truly amazing and I have seen some live acts and bands!




MaxiMad starting Reception.  A wonderful, emotional and seminal moment for me, although it passed without incident or excitement for Maxi!



Finally Nativity time.  I cried buckets, more than I ever imagined I could.  I had held on to this moment during my darkest and scariest time and being there to witness such a joy-filled expression of love, faith and pride in children so young.  It was the moment of the year for me.

I have been blessed to have had such a wonderful year with my family.  Thank you for all the comments on my previous post, but you know what, it hasn't been that bad.  You need to experience the lows to feel the highs. 

BRING IT ON 2010, I AM READY, I AM WAITING AND I WILL BE GRATEFUL FOR EVERY MOMENT I CAN REMEMBER TO BE!

A great big thank you to everyone out there who has read, commented and  been there for me and my blog. 

I am supposed to pass this on to 5 people, but I want to open it up to anyone who reads the blog.  Please list your top 5 on your blog for me to read about too, please!



Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

BadPenny said...

Happy New Year to all at The MadHouse ! xxxx

skirts and wellies said...

Happy New Year Mad House! Lots of love, Skirts and Wellies xxx

Beki said...

You're not the only one to cry at Nativitys, i'm dreadful and friends are always waiting there with tissues for me.
Sadly, Jess now being in the comp doesn't do them anymore so I have to wait for the little man to start school before I get to see another.
Look forward to seeing yopur Monsters.
((hugs))
Beki xxx

Louise said...

Happy new year hun x

I went to my first ever nativity this year. My 9yr old nephew Jack was in his school 'xmas show' and the finale was the reception class nativity. I didn't even know any of the children and I was really struggling to hold it together. Another unexpected side effect of motherhood !

san said...

I hope GrannyMad is okay.
Lovely top 5, I'll take your word for it on the Wiggles! x

MichelleTwinMum said...

Happy New Year. I have enjoyed relfecting on my top 5 - thanks for the prompter. No idea how to link my blog for you, sorry. Mich

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails