Monday 8 February 2010

Meal Plan Monday and More Frugal Food

Sunday Dinner was Mince, onions, dumplings and lots and lots of vegetables, one of my big tips for being frugal and following your meal plans is to make it as easy as possible, so today food will follow on and utilise yesterdays leftovers and additional amount that we cooked.

Monday
Lunch - Leftovers
Dinner - Spaghetti Bolognese, utilising mince, onions and any left over veg with the tomato sauce we made over the summer
Tuesday

Lunch - Spaghetti on toast
Dinner - Lasagna, bulked out with cottage cheese and vegetables
Wednesday

Lunch - Leftovers

Thursday

Lunch - Sandwiches and soup
Dinner - Sausage casserole and sweet potato

Friday

Lunch - Leftovers
Dinner, Fish, oven Chips and peas

Saturday

Lunch - Home made burgers (Maxi loves coming home from football and tucking in)

Sunday

Poached eggs on Muffin
Roast Chicken Dinner

Cooking in Bulk - Mads tip of the week


When I see vegetables or other food marked down I always see if there are ways I can incorporate them in our meals or meal plan.  I use tons of onions, so every so often, I get MadDad (I can not stand peeling onions) to do a big peel and chop and we then cook them off and pop them in bags and freeze them.

We did this yesterday.  20 onions chopped and diced and then cooked turned into six portions for the freezer and two for this week in with the mince.  I use onions a lot, with casserole, Curry's, dahl, mince etc, etc, etc

So what are your fail-safe recipes and favorite family meals?


Share/Save/Bookmark

Related Posts with Thumbnails