Thursday 16 September 2010

The Mads - I love my fellow nominees


We have just got back from the inaugural Mads ceremony at Butlins Bognor and I have to say I have had a fantastic time.  The event itself was amazing, celebrating everything good.  You can see a list of the  Mads nominees and the winners here, but I wanted to use this post to tell you about the e-mails that were sent and received the day before the event.

So ladies - tomorrow it's handbags at dawn ;) as one of us emerges victorious: Queen of Family Fun. I'm still amazed I made the final and feel honoured to be in such great company. I think we all share very similar philosophies about what family fun and childhood is all about. I'd kind of forgotten the MADs are a competition and it seems a bit silly for us all to be in a heat together. I just wanted to say well done to all of us for having blogs that people read and enjoy.

Jen and Pippa - hope you have a fantastic time at the awards. I really wish I was coming as I'd love to see you both again. Victoria - meet you at the virtual bar?


Cathy xx (Nuturestore)

I so agree with you Cathy, I feel very honored to be in the final and to have you wonderful ladies there too makes it oh so much more special.  I have made so many wonderful friends though blogging and count you three ladies right up there at the top.
 
I don't care who wins, we are all winners really, what is fantastic is that who ever it is - it will be a stand up blog and a great example of what a family fun blog should and can be.
 
Good luck to us all and hope to see you on twitter!
 
Love
 
Jen (me)
 

Thank you Cathy. I feel the same. And while obviously I would be honoured to win, I can genuinely say that I would not feel in the least put out to lose to any of you. Which is a very nice situation to be in. See you at the virtual bar!

Victoria xx (Its a small world after all)

I was trying to think of something funny to say that would make you all laugh, and then realise how funny I am (I am really funny) but I couldn't think of anything that didn't make me sound like a complete idiot who was up her own bottom.
 
So instead I shall go for soppy.
 
I was so chuffed when I was named a finalist, but then seeing who my fellow finalists were I did then realise that this wasn't about winning this was about celebration. I love that we all got through to the finals, because all of us are about family fun and its not just one aspect, I think between us we pretty much have the market sewn up!
 
Whoever wins will deserve it and as much as I hope that it is me, I won't mind if it is any of you guys either. Well maybe not you... Anyway I hope that you will all join me in a toast via our email right now to us lovely ladies and to being finalists.
 
Mwah to you all
 
Pips (A Mothers Ramblings)


Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails